International Students

Frequently Asked Questions

Main Visual

Do I need a VISA?

If you are normally resident outside the UK or EU, you will almost certainly require a student visa in order to study in the UK.Immigration rules are constantly changing and include collection of biometric data, so it is important to accept your offer and pay your deposit early so that you will have adequate time to devote to the visa application process.Once you receive and accept an unconditional offer from us, we will issue a Certificate of Acceptance of Studies (CAS) through the UK Border Agency to support your visa application. You should only apply for a visa at this point; if you apply before the Academic Registry has issued your CAS, your visa will be refused. For information and guidance on applying for a visa, you can refer to the UK Border Agency website and the UK Council for International Student Affairs or contact the UK Embassy, Consulate or High Commission in your home country: find your nearest UK immigration authority. The Courtauld's license number (for use in your visa application) is: B57DU3E99You should not apply for your student visa more than three months before your enrolment date as your application will be refused.You will be required to provide proof of your immigration status at the beginning of enrolment week.

How do I open a Bank Account?

Once you enrol on your course, we will be able to provide you a letter that you can use to open a UK bank account. Banking laws in the UK are very strict, so it is unlikely that you will be able to arrange this prior to your arrival.

How do I find accommodation?

Where possible, we aim to give priority to international students as we allocate accommodation. Our accommodation pages have details about availability and how to submit an application. You must have received and accepted an offer from us before your application will be considered.

How do I register with a Doctor?

The UK has a socialised health care system, and as a student you are eligible to receive free medical treatment (if you are on a course that is longer than six months in duration).During enrolment week, representatives from Gower Street Practice will come to register new patients. You should plan to register even if you don't have an existing medical condition so that you will already be register should you become ill. More information will be available at enrolment.