The Courtauld Institute of Art is fully committed to the following five central principles recommended in the Schwartz report:
- Making our admissions systems as transparent as possible by publishing our requirements and criteria
- Judging all applicants equally by both their achievements and their potential to complete their course
- Using assessment methods that are valid, reliable and consistent
- Striving to minimize barriers for applicants
- Conducting our admissions processes in a manner that is professional in every respect and supported by appropriate institutional structures and processes.
When viewed in conjunction with the individual degree course pages on the website, our Admissions Policy should provide sufficient detail to any applicant wishing to understand how our admission processes work, and the qualities we are looking for in potential students.