Online Learning Resources
Becoming Picasso: Paris 1901
14 February - 27 May 2013
Discover the remarkable story of Pablo Picasso’s breakthrough year as an artist –1901.
It was the year that the ambitious nineteen-year-old launched his career in Paris with an exhibition that would set him on course to become one of the greatest artists of the 20th century.
Becoming Picasso: Paris 1901 reunites major paintings from his debut exhibition with the influential dealer Ambroise Vollard.
Find out more:
- Go to the main exhibition page
- Watch an introduction to the exhibition by Curator Dr Barnaby Wright.
- Listen to an audio introduction to the exhibition by Curator Dr Barnaby Wright
Download the Teachers' Resource
The Teachers' Resources are intended for use by secondary schools and colleges and by teachers of all subjects for their own research. Each essay is marked with suggested links to subject areas and key stage levels.
- A series of events including late openings, talks and a study day accompanies this exhibition.
- Picasso, Matisse and Maillol: The Female Model - related drawings display (14 February - 26 May 2013)