SAturday Study days
michelangelo's 'dream' in Context
Saturday 6 March 2010
11am - 4 pm
This study day accompanies The Courtauld Gallery's exhibition 'Michelangelo's Dream' and is intended to benefit anyone with an interest in Michelangelo, the graphic arts and Renaissance culture more widely. It will give added context and interpretation to the exhibition’s themes. Our speakers, all specialists in their field, will illuminate the making and meaning of the ‘Dream’, set it in the context of contemporary artistic practice, and explore aspects of Renaissance art theory, philosophy and poetry.
Speakers are the exhibition curator and The Courtauld Gallery's curator of drawings, Dr Stephanie Buck, the Renaissance drawing specialist and Birkbeck College lecturer Caroline Brooke and the scholar of Renaissance literature Professor Peter Hainsworth, Emeritus Professor of Italian at Oxford University.
£35 (cons £30)
Advance booking necessary: Tel. 020 7848 1058 or email@example.com
- Saturday 5 December 2009: Art in the Post-War World: Frank Auerbach and his Contemporaries
- Saturday 12 September 2009: Beyond Bloomsbury: Designs of the Omega Workshops 1913-19
- Saturday 9 May 2009: Love and Marriage in Renaissance Florence: The Courtauld Wedding Chests
- Saturday 17 January 2009: Paths to Fame: Turner Watercolours from the Courtauld Institute of Art
- Saturday 27 September 2008: The Courtauld Cézannes in Context